Expert Answers – Am I allergic to sperm? I have a burning feeling after sex.

Expert Answers - Am I allergic to sperm? I have a burning feeling after sex.

My girlfriend gets a burning feeling when I ejaculate inside her. Although the discomfort may be occurring in the surrounding areas rather than the vagina itself, it often feels as though the discomfort is in the vagina. I’ve had this problem often and have gone to the doctor. The worst part was feeling I could never date men again. If you are already using a lubricant, it’s possible that your symptoms are caused by a reaction to that specific brand. You can talk to your doctor about these possible allergies or irritations for help. Thanks for writing to us.

Expert Answers - Am I allergic to sperm? I have a burning feeling after sex.
A burning vagina can be treated but first the underlying cause needs to be determined. It’s totally normal to be worried when you feel a sharp pain somewhere in your body, especially when your doctor can’t seem to diagnose it. Now I want to help others too by sharing this story. If you haven’t both been tested for STDs lately, it’s a good idea to do so. That way you can both be treated for any STDs ⎼ if you have any. The other three infections I mentioned – BV, trichomoniasis or a yeast infection – require a physical exam and possibly a culture test. If you begin to experience any vaginal burning sensations you are advised to seek medical attention.

From what I’ve seen by doing a little research, it’s not uncommon for a burning sensation to accompany sharp pains in your vagina. So getting tested is the only way to know your STD status for sure. The good news is that most STDs ⎼ like most vaginal infections ⎼ can be effectively treated (in some cases, cured) with prescription medications. Dr. One more thing about STD prevention…from your question, I assume you’re having unprotected sex. Examples of common infections include chlamydia, genital herpes, pubic lice and urinary tract infection. Before you go to him or her, write down your exact symptoms and describe them as best as possible.

Dr. Oldson was educated at Rush Medical College and completed her residency at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago, IL.

You may also like